"My journey from Hollywood Nobody to someone who get's paid to do this sort of thing."

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rough Draft

The hard part is over, the rough draft has been written.



Now I get to sit back and wait for feedback from my teachers and fellow students.

I gave a copy to Tyler--the guy who pitched this idea to me--as well, so I hope he likes it. Or, at least, can find something in it to like and give me positive feedback in order to help get the script to a place that we're both happy with it.

I haven't actually read it yet, but plan to tomorrow morning...once I've taken 24 hours to try and forget about it.

My grad review is on August 8th, so I don't have much time to make revisions before I have to give them a copy to read. So, I hope the rough draft is passable, since I'm pretty sure that's the one they're going to get. :/

Now, it's time to gear up and get ready for the next few months, cause this is what's going to happen:

1. I'm going to graduate from Brooks.

2. I'm going to England to visit my brother.

3. I'm going to dive into pre-production for "A Permanent Mark," a short film that I already have some funding to shoot--which is exciting--and scary, because the last time I tried to shoot something it kind of fell apart.

4. I need to get a job, either directing, or editing, or selling cars, or whatnot.

5. I need to get the script for "The Projectionist" in a shootable and sellable shape, so that I can get funding to shoot it too.

And 6. I need to continue to write every day.

I think if I strive for these things, I'll be paving the right path.

Well...I'm done boring you.

Cheers,
~T² out

PS: Oh, and I need to watch "The Dark Knight" again. - Tom

1 comment:

April said...

Congratulations on finishing your rough draft! I'm so proud of you!!